PDA

View Full Version : Artcam Indexer Post

patricktoomey
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I got the indexer post proc files from ShopBot, one for X parallel and one for Y parallel. They are .con files so I figured I could just drop them into the post proc folder in the ArtCam directory. When I do that they don't show up as options for saving the file. It appears that all the other post files in that folder have been "blessed" by Delcam and have a checksum at the bottom of the file. Without that, Artcam doesn't seem to be willing to use them. Is there any way to get these other SB posts to work? Does anyone have a version of them with the checksum included?

paco
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
If you're relating to PW, then you cannot add or edit the posts. I believe that for any other ArtCAM products, you can add and edit the posts so they fit your needs. I do this "regularly" with Insignia and PRO user have told me the same...
If this post came from SB then you'll have to ask 'em...
If you use say Insignia or PRO, then you shouldn't have any problem with modified posts. Maybe you can try to remove this Checksum line (from a copy) to see if it take it better that way...

patricktoomey
06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Paco,

You're right, ArtCam Pro does open them after all. It looks like what happened was that I had 2 copies of ArtCam running at the same time. I closed one, copied the files to the post directory and started ArtCam again. It didn't show the new files. I just noticed that I had the other copy running so I closed it. Now when I open ArtCam it does show the files. Apparently ArtCam does not reload config files, etc. when there is already another copy running. Everything looks good now so I'm off to do my first test of wrapping a relief carving on a column!