PDA

View Full Version : Text in carved area

ljdm
09-09-2007, 11:33 AM
When entering parameters for v-carve - I am putting text in an area around a .25 height relief. The setting for start depth - is it 0, or would it be .25? Or would I change z-zero to depth of carved area, and ues 0 for start depth? Any help appreciated

garyb
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Lou depends on where you set the top of the model.
If the .25 relief height is set at top of plane then your start height for the v carve will be 0.
After you set up your model to height, hover your mouse over the area you want to v carve the z height will be in the lower right

garyb
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
As a note I read this as you applying the v carve to the raised relief if its outside of that then your start height will be 0.25 if the raised relief is set to top of model!!!!!!!!!!!

ljdm
09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
The vcarve was in the area next to the raised relief. I had to z-zero in that area(.25 below top surface of board), otherwise it was cutting air. I then set start depth to 0 and it worked.

ljdm
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hmmm....guess that works out the same, rezeroing z and stting it at 0, or just setting at .25. It was a long carve, and I didn't want to screw up the text, otherwise I would have just tried first and asked questions later. Thanks alot