PDA

View Full Version : ArtCam sample

joewino
04-21-2007, 02:42 PM
This is a photo of a sample that I did using ArtCam Pro 9. It uses two texture reliefs that I imported using bitmaped photos of textured wood and a rough texture wall board. I just sized the texture to produce a deeper cut on the letter.

It was cut from 1" HDU and painted with acrylics.

ArtCam is simply amazing. I am having a tremendous amount of fun just playing around...and getting paid at the same time.

Brady Watson
04-22-2007, 06:39 AM
"I am having a tremendous amount of fun just playing around...and getting paid at the same time."

Sounds like you've figured it out, Ray!

-B

anthony
04-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Ray,
How much time does it take on the computer and how long have you had Artcam? Thanks,

joewino
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Brady...a long time ago I figured out that if I did what I loved to do and someone would pay me for it I would never have to work a day in my life. So far it has been working for me.

Anthony - I've been using ArtCam for about nine months but haven't been able to find the time to take the training yet. Hopefully very soon.

It would be hard to tell how long it took me on this sample because it was done along with some other work and I just put the artwork for this in along with another job. Both were done with 1" HDU and if done separately it would take about thirty minutes or so. I programed the ShopBot and then went on with my rat killing (Southern expression).

anthony
04-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Raymond,

I was born and raised in a small town in TN. I know the saying well. I am going to the traing in June if they will let me. i purchase a used machine. It seems like a waste for all the users to recreate the same thing. Does anyone know where to trade files or buy files. On another thread there is a beautiful waynes coating along with pictures of the bits used and I would love to try to cut it.

myxpykalix
04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
here is a place we started to trade files:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SHOPBOT/

anthony
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Jack,

Thank you so much!

Forum Admin
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Please note that the yahoo group is in no way connected with ShopBot Tools and that ShopBot is a registered tradmark of ShopBot Tools, Inc.

myxpykalix
04-23-2007, 02:47 PM
That notice has been added to our description...

jhicks
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
pretty cool Jack, I'll need to take some time when I have it to check closer and make an "entry level" contribution.
Nice idea and hope others add to the collection. It would be nice if there was a way to see a photo before downloading and studying the files. Is that possible?

myxpykalix
04-23-2007, 10:47 PM
NO! lol...I'm the one contributing about 99.5% of all the files so far and i'm kind of disappointed in the level of particiaption. The only way we can continue is others "feed" it and contibute. Maybe when it grows but it seems like its too much to ask for all who join to upload ONE stinkin file, let alone some kind of picture of the rendered file. If you want to continue this lets do it at the site instead of here. Thanks

ron_varela
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Jack I came across a site a few years back called sbcnc files where they trade all type of files, last time I looked they had 1000s of files in 2d 3d and in sbp.

I guess the name sbcnc says it all

ron_varela
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
PS: the sbp files are in sbp because they can be opened in Cut3D to make the tool path, this lets them avoid buying other software

myxpykalix
07-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Can you give me the exact web address? I googled "sbcnc" and came up with 19 pages and went thru them and found nothing relative. Thanks

ron_varela
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Jack here are some I will be adding to the sever

http://www.rngengravers.com/3D/3D.htm