PDA

View Full Version : 3D models and Enroute

mountie1808
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Enroute is capable of importing 3D models, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to apply a tool path to it. I've looked in the manual but it is woefully inadequate. What's the trick that I'm missing? I've downloaded the trial version of Artcam's Millwizard and am blown away by how easy it is to open a model and get the tool paths onto it. Granted, it appears to be for only cutting already designed 3D models/shapes, but that alone is impressive. Would I have to do something like create what it is i want to create leaving a space to pocket a routed model which is output from millwizard? That seems somewhat cumbersome.

Any tips or suggestions are most welcomed.

Mike

myxpykalix
07-19-2007, 06:14 PM
If you import your object as a stl into millwizard, you are taken thru a series of windows for cut direction, resize, ect. I have only cut my stuff from the "top". Under "stratedgy" in "add border" (mine was set to 0.887 don't know if that is default) set that to what ever you feel comfortable with. That will give you your pocketed space, if i understand correctly. You will come to a section for rough cutting pass and finishing cutting pass where you save your toolpaths.
Like i said i only cut from the top, so i only had 2 toolpaths but it cut the full profile side of a 1.5" thick piece. Email me and i'll send you a screencap to show you how it cut. I think the key here is your "add border" section, and it follows the shape of the object.