PDA

View Full Version : Artcam Inlay Wizard Allowance

bleeth
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm getting ready to do Acrylic Inlay letters into aluminum faced signs and have three questions (For now anyway). The letters will be 1/2" and the substrate 1/4":
1. What would be a good allowance to specify for a good fit without too much slop?
2. Am I better off putting my allowance into the female or male or splitting the difference?
3. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks;

Dave

beacon14
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you have enough material to do a few small samples at different settings to see what will work best before committing?

I usually use .01 - .02 for allowances but YMMV of course. I'd start with a three tests, .01, .015, and .02. One of these should work.

I don't see any reason why it makes a difference which side gets the allowance, but I'd probably make spitting the difference my last choice.

As far as #3, I answered that one first...

bleeth
04-29-2009, 06:39 AM
There will be plenty of material to play with. We're doing a whole series of Airport concessions and they all have lots of signage. Some of them are slightly radiused and that will lead to it's own challenges.
Thanks for the starting point Dave. That was what I was looking for. Now to order some O-flutes!!