PDA

View Full Version : DoorBot MDF Cabinet door software ready

weslambe
05-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Alright fellow botters, I ran this shameless plug by one of the guys at Shopbot and they said "go for it" so here goes:

Most of you remember that I gave away an excel spreadsheet that creates square corner mdf cabinet doors. If you don't, I did.

Many people have asked about better software and after a year of making doors with my software and techniques, it's ready for general Shopbotter use.

This software creates all of the .sbp files needed to create square, arched and roman arched (eyebrow) type doors out of mdf. You can also make glass panel doors out of any of the styles. Cathederal, double cathederal, double arch and double roman arch will soon be added to the software as well.

I can't think of many other businesses that can turn a $20.00 piece of mdf into $100.00 profit in a little more than an hour. (depends on cut speeds etc...) Couple the DoorBot software with the new version of the Shopbot CNC router and you will be able to cut out a sheet of doors in less than an hour!

Using the excel spreadsheet it took me nearly 8 hours to input the doors for one of my door jobs. Using DoorBot stand-alone software only takes me a few minutes to do the same job.

Frank Harrell in Louisiana has been one of my beta testers and on his first outing with the software he made $621.00 profit! Frank says you can contact him at panelman@bayou.com (mailto:panelman@bayou.com) with questions.

The first 25 customers will get the software at a discount and will receive free upgrades of DoorBot for as long as I own the company. This helps me get started and helps you get started too. You will also get a DVD that shows some of the techniques I use to make doors using my Shopbot and the DoorBot software.

Make that 24. Greg Barnhart of Ohio just bought one.

100% satisfaction is guaranteed within your first 30 days or your money back. Anti-theft protection is provided by means of a hardware dongle key which must be returned for a refund within your first 30 days after purchase.

This program only works with windows XP right now. If there is any demand at all for win98, I will write the changes necessary to make it work for you.

Please contact me with questions about the price for the first 24 customers as well as questions about how the software works.

Thanks
Wes Mason
Mason's Millworks
DoorBot CNC software for Shopbotters

www.doorbot.net (http://www.doorbot.net) will be up in a couple of days

Paul Amos (Unregistered Guest)
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi Wes,
I am interested in the DoorBot, How much are you asking for it

Paul

Williamim@aol.com
05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Wes,

I am also interested in the DoorBot please forward information to me.
Thanks
Bill

kerrazy
05-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Always Keen,
Count me in
Dale

Brady Watson
05-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Kwantos Dineros?

-Brady

slendon
05-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Waiting for my bot to arrive, but will buy now if the discount is worth it. Please forward price info.
Steve

stevem
05-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Wes,

Will the software create G code cut files?

weslambe
05-10-2004, 04:41 PM
I will make the g-code version soon. You should be able to select either format in the near future. As for price, e-mail me personally so I can forward much more info to you about the program. I don't wan't to hawk too overtly here since it seems crass to do so.

Wes

weslambe
05-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Another shameless plug.

I have upgraded the software already by request of a couple of my customers. Now you are able to

1. Define your arch height on arched doors. this means you can create round top doors

2. Material thickness determined by user input.

3. Number of passes to cut out your door. This is useful if you want to use a very small bit and cut just a little at a time.

I have also updated the pictures on the website to show some of the styles that can be made. Glass panel, arched, square and roman arch/cathedral/eyebrow are shown right out of the ShopBot. These are doors that I haven't cleaned up at all.

More styles will be included with the software soon.

stevem
05-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Wes,

How are you coming along with the G code version?

weslambe
05-27-2004, 11:28 PM
I just started looking at it. It really doesn't look like it will take all that long though once I get in the groove. Knock on wood... or mdf.

panelman@kalpanels.com
06-01-2004, 08:56 AM
It works. We've been using DoorBot for over 2 months now. We had the very first version that Wes was going to market. The first job I sold using that version took 5 hours just to get 1 cut file. With the ver. that Wes has now an entire house of doors can be generated in less than an hour. Wes has been willing to listen to opportunities to improve the software and continues to upgrade as new needs are presented. One thing Wes and I have talked about that has not been mentioned yet is the possibility of DoorBotters networking. As individuals, we might not be able to bid on large projects in our area, but if you could pick up the phone and get 5 others involved their would be no limit.