PDA

View Full Version : Looking for .LOG files

paulkiecka
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Late last year we upgraded our Control board and started using V3.5.14 of the control software. I noticed it no longer leaves .LOG file in the working directory (or anywhere?) Is there a way to turn this function back on? Also is there a way to turn off the warning to start my router/spindle at the start of every run?

srwtlc
03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Paul,

(VD) Display Values, Write Part File Logs, Write or Don't Write.

The router/spindle warning, only if you remove the SO,1,1 to turn it on in the file, but then you'll need to remember to turn it on before the file is loaded (Unless someone else knows otherwise).

Gary Campbell
03-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Paul, Scott...
Yes, the spindle pause and warning is hard coded with either the SO,1,1 or SO,2,1 commands... A safety issue that is non negotiable for ShopBot. Makes you have your hands touching the keyboard, not the tool?

I asked a while back if there was a way to follow that with an {ENTER} or {CR} but there is none.

I have found out about a hidden gem... the [M] [O] (motors off) will turn all outputs that are on...OFF, on an Alpha the motors do not turn off. So this is a simple way to have an "ALL OFF"
Gary