PDA

View Full Version : Insignia or insignia E

gerard
11-15-2007, 08:32 PM
it appears that there is a entry level version of artcam insignia called insignia E, as you may now, I am still in the consideration stages so my hands on experience is zilch, my question for those who are familiar with both versions, what can you do on the shopbot with the fill insignia version that cant be done with the insignia E version

Brady Watson
11-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Insignia-E is Insignia-Entry level, which is absolutely identical to ShopBot PartWizard software. The full version of Insignia contains everything that ArtCAM Pro does, except the ability to create & cut 3D reliefs. It is a very good program, but it comes at a price.

You would do well to check out ShopBot's newest software (replaces PartWizard) - PartWorks. The full PartWorks package will allow you to do many things in 2D & cut 3D. You can get the general flavor of PartWorks by checking out VCarve Pro and Cut3D from the folks at Vectric - www.vectric.com (http://www.vectric.com)

The full version of PartWorks (2D & 3D) are included in the purchase of any new ShopBot.

-B

elcruisr
11-16-2007, 06:59 AM
I've been running Insignia for 6 years. It's really good 2.5 D software I do everything from basic sign work to panel processing with it. That being said I just bought the new Shopbot package instead of upgrading to the new Insignia.

I will keep both but I was a beta tester on the new Insignia package and was less than impressed for the price. The biggest problem with Insignia has been importing files from the latest versions of various CAD and graphic arts programs. Insignia has really started to lag there and they are less than responsive to customer requests in this area.

The Vectric based Shopbot package is not as powerful in some aspects but seems much better at importing files. Their team also seems very, very responsive to all the questions I put to them before purchase. So for me I'll keep both packages running but if I was starting out I go the Vectric route first.