PDA

View Full Version : PWDEMO Keeps Crashing

baltic_birch
10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello,

I downloaded it and it installed fine on my Windows ME pc.

The program starts up, but by the time I enter any data it says pwdemo has caused a error and now must close.

I searched the forum, but could not find anything.

edit: I somehow posted before saying thanks for anyhelp!!!

Brady Watson
10-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Hate to say it, but ME isn't known to be the most stable OS in the MS fleet...Try it on a 98SE or XP computer.

-B

baltic_birch
10-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks, but it is what I use.

Autocad 2002, Protel PCB, AI 10, etc all work fine for many years..

if I have to use pw on a different sys then I will, but would be very happy to get it to work on this pc.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

richards
10-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Baltic Birch,

Software dictates the Operating System. Rather than fighting an OS that just doesn't do the job, it would be a lot easier and less frustrating in the long run to change to an Operating System that works with the software. (By the way, don't be frustrated when you find that certain software programs require the latest version of Microsoft's Windows. Software often requires OS features that just didn't exist in Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 95, etc. When that happens, you have to upgrade or not use that particular software program.)

dhunt
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
MS 'Millenium' / ME puts you at considerable dis-advantage.
All Microsoft operating systems are not the same
and ME is living/dying proof of that.

baltic_birch
10-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, I fully realize ME is out of date.

I just have not had a reason to change as it works everything I have flawlessly.

Just wondered if there was a quick fix for the PW2Demo to work on ME as it does state it is compatible.

No big deal, I'll load it on my lapdog and check it out.

thanks!

rcnewcomb
10-07-2006, 12:45 AM
I am currently running ME. I do recall that when I first installed PW there was an issue with a graphics library that needed to be removed and reinstalled before the program would work. I called Shopbot and Grant walked me through the process.

dhunt
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone still operating Microsoft's Windoze MILLENIUM operating system,
after Microsoft's own admission that it's an abject failure,
is simply whistling in the dark!

baltic_birch
10-07-2006, 10:38 AM
>Randall
I am currently running ME. I do recall that when I first installed PW there was an issue with a graphics library that needed to be removed and reinstalled before the program would work. I called Shopbot and Grant walked me through the process.
>

Thanks Randall!

tony_mac
10-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Hello Baltic Birch,

Just in case you are still trying to run the PW Demo. I recall that the interface for this software is very dependant upon Internet Explorer and will crash if the correct version of IE isn't installed.

Not sure what version is needed but I'm sure SB / Delcam can tell you.

I hope this might help,

Tony Mac

baltic_birch
12-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey guys!

PW V3 works fine on my ME PC.

I guess something in the PW2 demo was not ME compatible.

But no problem running PW3 on ME.

rhfurniture
12-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Hooray! PW is now at V3. Does anyone know what new features have been introduced, and if shopbot are doing an upgrade? The website still appears at V2.

HNY

R.

terryd
12-31-2006, 10:24 AM
According to an email from Shopbot PW3 is pretty much the same as PW2 with Millwizard bundled in. Upgrades are available for $195. This allows you to do 3D toolpathing. Having used Millwizard its not bad but has its limitations. You can download Millwizard demo which will give some models to try before you buy.

TerryD