PDA

View Full Version : Something Wierd with PW

Gary Campbell
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey Guys..
I had something wierd happen today. I designed and toolpathed a few drilling files in PW on the office computer. Moved them by USB flash drive to the shop computer. When I tried to cut them, even though they show up in the FP menu, I get an error message stating that the "(filename)cant be located" Dont know if this is PW, SB3 or the computer. Anyone had this happen?
Gary

paco
11-08-2007, 06:46 PM
You sure the file was move from the thumb drive to the PC hard drive?

Restart the the control PC and try again.

Does that help?

Gary Campbell
11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Paco..
Sorry.. I should have explained better. Here is the real order:
Design Files
Move to Thumb Drive
Move from Thumb to Shop Comp
Open with editor
Add My Drilling header
save and close
Open SB3
try to run file
returns error
Reopen all transfered files (5) with SB editor
try to cut
returns error
reboot SB3
try to cut
returns error
reboot computer
try to cut
returns error
copy 5 files to another location
try to cut
and on and on and on
Gary... (forgot to mention got pi**ed and went home!)

paco
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
What if you attempt to run unmodified file (from the editor) right into SB3? Just see if the file would run. I wonder if the problem is related to SBEditor.

beacon14
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
are you sure the .sbp extension is correct? Some text editors will save a file as .txt which SB will not be able to find

bill.young
11-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Hey Gary,

Can you create a new file on the Shop computer and have it work successfully, without the "transfer by thumb drive" step? Do other files on the shop computer run OK?

Do the files that you transferred with the thumb drive run correctly (in preview mode maybe) before you modify them in the Editor? Is it the editing step that's messing them up, or are they being messed up in the transfer?

Oh yeah, is this a new problem? Did the same sequence of steps work yesterday but not today? If so, did anything change on either computer?

Bill

Gary Campbell
11-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Paco, David & Bill...
Problem is solved, thanks for the support. After a major computer reboot, recheck and almost reorder, I removed the "ampersand" from within the filename!!! (read as egg on face) Seems SB3 can find the file when it has an appropriate file name.
Gary

paco
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM