PDA

View Full Version : Scaning , conversion and editing?

LAZINARJ@Salisbury.net
06-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have any experience creating cutting files from scanned grayscale images, and have it assign cutting depths corresponding to light and dark?

garlicking@charter.net
06-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Jill,
That's exactly what the tiff convertor in your shopbot software does. On a pixel by pixel basis. To answer your question, I think most of us have some experience creating cut files from scanned or otherwise. What do you need to know, or are you trying to do, exactly?
keith otero

grasshopper
12-31-2003, 08:23 PM
does anyone know how i can scan a black and white line drawing into a cad format?

Is there anyone who contracts out file conversion with casmate pro to a shopbot friendly format in the area of washington or british columbia ?

llarson@softdisk.com
I regularly use casmate pro for developing my shopbot files. What is it you are trying to do?

Larry Larson

grasshopper
i am trying to cut impresions like this http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Cyrion7/celtic/clipart/clp04701.gif into wood. however the one i am realy tring to do is much much more complex and needs alot of editing if i can get a price onwhat i would cost for some one to take a photo copy and create a tool path for shop bot that would be great or if i could find a way to get a scan into cad so i could edit it that would be even better

pjldesigns@hotmail.com
To Grasshopper. I have Casmate and live in Coquitlam, send me a message at pjldesigns@hotmail.com (mailto:pjldesigns@hotmail.com)

and I should be able to help you out.

pjldesigns@hotmail.com
Grasshopper. I've got your file ready but it keeps bouncing back. Is the e-mail address you sent me correct?

giggalo@aol.com
Grasshopper, I sent your file too and it came back, what is your email address? it looks like you have others trying to help you too

Ron

grasshopper
i have tried win topo and it works great for me but for the file i am trying to convert it is still very time consuming to edit but i am happy with the product. i am verey currious about what corell can do and i am trying to search in my town to find somone with corell so i can see for myself what it can do i have heard correl is alot better than cad because it it more drawing based anywho thanks for your help
grasshopper

djhazeleger@mindspring.com
Need some help. I imported A scanned image into turbocad. I then outlined it with closed bezier curve. I saved it as dxf file. Opened it into vector, and I created the offset toolpaths. The problem is the offset paths that were created are line sements not chains. I cannot get them to chain together so I can go to the following steps to offset to z depth and creat the chain connection to connect the toolpaths and the pullups. I even copied drawing and deleted original lines (they are still chained) to isolate my tool path. I did not have this trouble when I worked the tutorial on shopbots cd. What am I doing wrong?

birdsofplay
use Corel Draw Graphics Utilities OCR-Trace

The file must be a black and white raster file

Or try to find a program on the net called WinTOPO

Here the file must be bmp file

I'll be in Washington in 2 weeks at Long Beach
write me !

giggalo
Send me the file you want to convert. it will only take a second to do

Ron

r_rohmeyer
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I have a file in part wizard that I need for other uses. How do you copy this file and change it into a different extension like a .jpeg? We are new to the shop bot so maybe this question has been asked before.

Brady Watson
07-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Ray,
I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with the file, but you can take a screenshot of it with PaintShopPro or a similar program.

Unfortunately there are no provisions in PW to export a file or to save screenshots or toolpath renderings.

-Brady