PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of dados and pocket holes?

blackhawk
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I have been looking at Cabinet Parts Pro, but have a few questions. I don't currently build cabinets now, but I am thinking of doing a few wall cabinets for my workshop just to get some practice.

Does anyone have any pictures of actual cabinet parts showing the mating dado and groove? I would also like to see a picture of the pocket hole. I assume that the software just mills a straightline for the pocket hole as it plunges to a certain z depth.

Also, do most of you use Cabinets Parts Pro to create the toolpath or do you import the dxf into Aspire or Vcarve Pro to make the toolpaths? If you use CPP for the toolpaths, does it create separate toolpaths for each cutter, so that you can change bits? Or do you always have to insert pauses in the file to facilitate tool changes?

Gary Campbell
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Brad...
CPPro makes a rectangular pocket based on the set parameters and material thickness. The programs that do single line dados have gone away as they are not flexible enough.

Sorry no pictures.

THere are users that do both methods, but personally I saw no need to export to another program. CPPro has the ability to allow postP customization AND supports toolpath templates, so in the long run you can go from screen to machine much faster than by doing an export.

My experience was that the export and toolpath with 3rd party software usually took longer than it did to cut the file in CPPro.
Gary

Ryan Patterson
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Bottom of this page shows pictures of some dado and some videos of cabinet parts being cut. The video also shows pocket holes being cut.
http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/Videos.htm

Here are a few pictures of finished kitchens.
http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/photo_gallery.htm

gene
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Brad ,
I have ccp and use it . Its a good program that makes simple work out of cabinet boxes . It is worth the price even if all you do is put cabinets in your shop, but i bet that after you use it you will build cabinets for others.
CCP will nest all the parts, create a cut file for each bit, allow you to print labels for parts , print layout sheets of the parts and more. Go to their web site . it takes a little bit to set up the program up initally but Ryan is very helpful with that . If i can help any more let me know cabinetsplusofaugusta@yahoo.com (mailto:cabinetsplusofaugusta@yahoo.com) Gene