PDA

View Full Version : VECTRIC ASPIRE , NEED HELP

boubou
12-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi to all botters, i am a botter myself since april 08, 8 months of cutting stuff with my prs4896 without any glitch or mechanical problems,excellent tool. I have been using Partworks with great succces on all of my projects. Now,i have downloaded the demo version of Aspire and it looks like (sky is the limit). Before buying Aspire i wonder if any fellow botter that already bought the program would be kind enough to generate toolpaths so i can run and try a sample of mine. Everything is done, just have to save the toolpaths (arc inch).Please let me know asap so i can get the special price for botters (before jan 31 09). thanks a lot, BOUBOU

harryball
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't believe you can create a file in the trial version and then open it in Aspire on a different computer. So long as you install Aspire on the same computer with the trial, all your files will open. Once you open and save the "lock" is removed.

Your best bet, if it is something simple and you are really trying to just get the final comfort before laying down the cash would be to email the file to the guys at Vectric and just ask if they would be kind enough to generate the toolpath or unlock the file so another botter could do so.

Personally I understand why Vectric locks the file. On the other side... I also can certainly understand wanting to see real results before laying down the cash. I don't know if it will make a difference but I can tell you Aspire generates toolpaths just as well as VCP. In fact I'm using the same PostProcessors I edited in VCP for my needs. If you are really that close to buying... I think you should just buy.

/RB