PDA

View Full Version : Error=25 line?

joewino
04-14-2007, 10:00 AM
When I tried to open ArtCam Pro 9 this morning I got this message:

"You are not licenced to run this program on this machine. PAF error = 25 line = 26."

What does this mean and how can it resolve the problem?

garyb
04-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Ray, usually caused by dongle or paf file missing, corrupt or outdated paf
do a reboot first, some of the windows security updates have been causing havoc.
check your dongle is seated properly and that your paf file is not missing, usually located in \dcam\config\pass directory.
if everything is correct on your end, contact your reseller for a new paf file.

joewino
04-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks Gary. The dongle is OK, so the paf file must be missing or corrupted.

I couldn't find a file for DCAM - only ArtCam, but nothing on pass directory.

I'll contact ShopBot on Monday and see what happens.

Why do these things always happen on the weekends?

garyb
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Ray look for c:\dcam\config\pass that's usually where you paf file is stored
you might also look for the sub directory's in your artcam directory.

If you don't have a backup of your paf file, check if you saved the email from when your last paf file was sent to you.

joewino
04-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Gary - I did find the PAF files (in Program Files / Common Files / Delcam), but none of them would open up ArtCam.

Thanks for your help. I guess I will just be dead in the water until Monday.

garyb
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
No they won't open in artcam its just the license file that works with the dongle to allow artcam to operate.
If you need help to get you running over the weekend email artcam-support@artcam.com (mailto:artcam-support@artcam.com)
if you want to call them let me know and and i will send you a contact ph number for support

paco
04-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I believe ArtCAM make a copy of the PAF (from where ever it is first) in the 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Delcam\' folder.

If you have a GOOD copy somewhere; moved the two (the one you used when first installed the software and the 'Common files' one) to respective temporary folders on the desktop... so you don't loose track of them. You could just delete them and they'll be in the recycling bin to be restored later if needed...

Start ArtCAM and from the Help menu, you can re-install the PAF file WITH a supposed GOOD one.

Does that make sense?

Key points are:

-where the files are

-Having a copy of the original PAF file that was provided to you; emailed, on CD or else...

-Point ArtCAM to the PAF file from the Help menu; ArtCAM will make a copy of it in the 'Common files' respective folder

joewino
04-14-2007, 01:58 PM
OK...I can't figure out how to start ArtCam from the Help menu...anyone want to walk me through it?

I have the original PAF file on a CD and also in C: Program Files.

After getting the error message it asks if I want to install the PAF file and when I add the file it tells me to restart ArtCam Pro, but when I do it goes right back to the same error message.

Remember, you are dealing with a computer illiterate here.

garyb
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like you might need to re-install the sentinel drivers (from the cd, note make sure the dongle in not plugged in when installing these)
1.Install sentinel driver(click on install sentinel drivers on cd)
2.reinstall paf file (same as you just did)
3.put dongle in usb port
4.restart AC

that should get you going again

paco
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Is that related to an upgrade or something?

Copy the CD PAF file to both the 'C:\dcam\config\pass\' and the 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Delcam\' overwriting the old ones. Restart ArtCAM.

If that failed, try to re-install the software and re-install the PAF file as above.

Maybe, if you feel like it, you could have a look at the CD PAF file and the one found on your system to compare them in a text editor...

That's pretty much what I can do to help... I hope it'll help... if not, good luck with ArtCAM support...

joewino
04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks all for your help. Nothing has worked, so I'll just contact ShopBot Monday morning and get a new PAF file.

This software was installed a year ago, so maybe it has some time limit on it, but I hope I don't have to go through this every year.

No Paco...no upgrade or anything. Just dead in the water until Monday. Oh well, I had other things to do on a Saturday anyway.

joewino
04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Good news. This morning ShopBot provided me with a new PAF file and I'm back up and running.

Actually, Dianne had sent this file to me last week in advance of my one year limit on the software running out, but it had gone into my "Bulk" mail and had been dumped.

Thanks to Chris at ShopBot for answering my plea over the weekend and heading me in the right direction...to Dianne.