PDA

View Full Version : Windows version

noah@noahsart.co.nz
07-23-2004, 05:02 AM
I finally loaded up the new software this evening. In the process it asked to update the "firmware" in the control box. Once it was up and running, all was fine, and as everyone else has said before me it is very smooth. But now it no longer seems able to run the old dos program. Does this mean it is gone for ever, or can I switch between the two somehow?

bill.young
07-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey Simon,

You can go back and forth without any problems...you just need to load the correct version of the firmware for the software you're using at the time. To use the DOS software just run the firmware loader that's in the SB200 folder and the Windows firmware will be over-written.

Bill

kerrazy
07-23-2004, 06:32 AM
That would be the file labelled load 46 or similar in the SB200 Folder, Simon.
Dale

bjenkins
09-07-2004, 04:06 PM
I've had a strange result using the CR function on two occassions. If I execute the function from the "command mode" -- that is type in CR in the windows software and complete the fill-in sheet I have had the machine ramp down in Z as it starts the first pass around the outside of the rectangle. I can't always recreate the behavior. I rebooted and it went away. A few weeks later it happened again. I use that feature to flatten my vacuum fixture top every few days. It toasted them of coarse. What am I missing? It has never happened if I execute a program created in Part Wizard, but then those don't have CR commands. Any ideas?

bjenkins
09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Before you ask... I contacted ShopBot about the problem and they tried to help. They suggested I install the latest software so I installed 3.1.14 a month or so ago. The same thing happened last week. It could be me-- I'm a fairly new owner and I haven't used the Commands that much. I first encountered it when I tried to follow the install instructions to level a spoilboard. Fortunately, I test drove it on a scrap.