PDA

View Full Version : Vector 9 / Vcarvz

swims@mindspring.com
04-06-2001, 10:21 AM
Yesterday I downloaded the Vfontz demo and was pleasantly surprised by its ease of use. Naturally, it piqued my curiosity about Vcarvz.

The question I have though, is there really any compelling reason to look at Vcarvz considering the capabilities of the latest version of Vector. It appears to me that Vector 9 + Vfontz will do everything that Vector 8 + Vcarvz will do.

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
04-06-2001, 11:34 AM
Speaking of Vector 9 (sounds a little like an Ed Wood movie).

How are the manuals for Vector 9. Are they anymore user friendly?

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
04-06-2001, 11:34 AM
Speaking of Vector 9 (sounds a little like an Ed Wood movie).

How are the manuals for Vector 9. Are they anymore user friendly?

imserv@imsrv.com
04-06-2001, 11:50 AM
Vcarvz has all the capabilities of Vfontz(Carve inside letters with a V bit). In addition, it will develop V-tip 3D tool paths from a DXF file, or a DXF file with letters added in Vcarvz.

Vfontz carves just inside letter outlines, Vcarvz carves letters inside or outside, as well as a complete layout.

Vector can create 3D layouts, but does not have built in compensation for the profile of a V tipped bit. That is the difference with Vcarvz. By drawing an enclosing contour around some letters, Vcarvz automatically recognizes that it is to carve out the material and leave the letters. This is very similar to how Vector does a pocket with island letters. The difference is that the tip of the cutter is used to detail the tiny inlets and corners in the letters so that they are sharp and square. You are not limited to the radius of your cutter on an internal corner. The inside of a capital V will be just as sharp as the outside.

olivier
04-06-2001, 02:27 PM
Can I echo Sheldon question :
Is there a proper manual for Vector 9 or just yet another addendum ?

Thanks
Olivier

shuttle
04-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Im trying to save the scale of a person silhouette I am doing. The scale (from the trueSpace file) is translating into Autocad, but Vector imports it at a small scale.
I attached a rectangle DXF that should be 50"X + 40"Y
but loads into Vector as 1.270" X 1.016"

Thanks.

50X40rectangle.DXF

4560 (<1 k)

shuttle
04-04-2002, 05:39 PM
I am wrong, I just found the properties button in 3D Explorer, it is tS that is exporting small.