PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get .DXF through PW to .SBP

flyguy
05-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I have a small groove that I'd like to cut into a board. I have it in AutoCAD or even Rhino, but for the life of me I can't get a cut file .sbp that will cut what I want. I always loose the file in PW. I have attached the file I am trying to from Autocad, anyone got any ideas?

Mike

AutoCAd of groove

4561 (7.1 k)

mikejohn
05-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Mike
Looking at the file, you appear to be wanting to make a groove with a round ended bit that slopes up to the surface.
Your drawing shows a square end.
I don't see how this could be done with a round ended (ball) bit.
If all you want is a sloping tapering groove,but with a half rounded start, then all you need is one line, starting at the desired depth, finishing at the surface (or wherever,) the length of line you need.

.............Mike

flyguy
05-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Mike;

The end is square but the end acually starts just off the project and tapers up to the surface about 12 inches away. I can't use a single line as I can't find a ball end that would be as big as needed. The groove at its deepest point is over 1" wide. I just want the shopbut to make one using a 1/4" ball end, the same bit that I am cutting the rest of the project in.

I have been doing this groove as a seperate step on a jig I had made up but its difficult to get it right. Seems that if my shopbot is already spending 30 minutes more cutting the project anyway, I'd like to have it just do this at the same time and skip the jig/tablesaw thing all together.

Thanks
MIke