PDA

View Full Version : Parts Wizard and doing Fillets

jaum@adelphia.net
10-24-2002, 02:38 PM
I've been through the manuel and can't find a function like creating fillets found in Vector. any suggestions? Also, I was able to trim two entities into one but wish it had a function like trim in Turbocad. Am I overlooking something?

grant@shopbottools.com
10-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Trimming is unfortunately a little clunky in Vector. Select the overlapping entities you want to trim, and then you have three options. You can try the "trim entities into a chain" button at the top, or the "trim entities to last selected chain" button next to it. I personally have had the best luck just using Change/Break/Intersect from the dropdown menu at the top. This will divide all of the lines where they cross and you can go through and delete the superfluous segments individually. To do fillets, select the object you would like to fillet, and then use Draw/Arc/Fillet from the dropdown menu "Draw". You will want to choose "closed chain" from the dialog, and the rest should be self explanatory. Give a ring if you need more help.

1-888-680-4466

grant@shopbottools.com
10-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Hmm. Looking at what you wrote again, it appears you are actually asking how to do fillets like I explained for Vector in Part Wizard. If you are creating a rectangle in Part Wizard, you can specify radii for the corners. If you are trying to fillet a shape that has already been made, it is not that simple. You can accomplish it to a degree by moving the points away from the corner to open up a gap, and then doing a "fitted" type arc to connect the two. This procedure, however, requires a bit of eyeballing.

jumb@adelphia.net
10-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks Grant. You're right, its those two functions in Parts wizard that are giving me problems. I guess the most practical solution is to continue using either Vector and/or Turbocad, for the basic drawing, then saving it in a .dfx file, and importing into Parts wizard for the balance of creating a cutting file.