PDA

View Full Version : Maximum file size?

terryd
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
I have a project to do and the sbp file consist of 1.3 million lines. The shopbot software tells me that it can not do this since it exceeds the limits... I searched this site and read throught the manuals and I can't find this info.. Does anybody know what the limit is?? Brady?

TerryD

scottcox
12-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I think the limit is 1,000,000 lines. You can increase your curve tolerance or step-overs to start shaving that down. Otherwise you'll have to break your project into multiple steps.

Brady Watson
12-10-2006, 01:22 AM
I believe that the limit is 1 million lines...however, just break the file in half as Scott suggests. Bring it into the file editor, page down to around 500,000 and then do a <shift> + <control> + <end>. This will select all the lines after the cursor. Then cut & paste it into a new file. Be sure to run BOTH in preview in succession (it might take a while...make sure 'simulate' is not checked) just to make sure that you got everything right.

-B

terryd
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks Brady The <shift> + <control> + <end> was what the answer I was looking for as a work-around. I knew this but for the life of me can't remember why I couldn,t remember it.. Duuuuh? The real question is: Is there a way to increase the line limit in the program by assigning more resources to the buffers or registers.?

bill.young
12-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I've just put a small utility in ShopBot Labs (http://www.shopbottools.com/shopbot_labs.htm) that splits very big part files into smaller sequentially-numbered files and creates a master file to call them. It splits them into 500,000 line chunks and has been tested in files with 7 million lines so far, but as with all things in ShopBot Labs it may or may not work the way you expect.

(Sorry it took so long to get around to this Paco!)

paco
12-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi, hi! Thanks!

Keep up the great work Bill!

8o)

terryd
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeeeeahhhhh Bill. Thanks

TerryD