PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Writing Post Processer

carl
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I have owned a SB since the PR days. I have upgraded to the PRT and now I am running the alpha 144. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing a program for a post processor that would use the desk CNC software to create a SB file. I have tried the SB converter to convert the G code, but found there are too many flaws. I have a licensed copy of the desk CNC and will be willing to give you any programs or whatever it takes to get this done. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in doing this or if you know someone who could help me out. I have been following along on the forums and it looks like a lot of you are very knowledgeable on writing programs and would appreciate any help. Thank you, Carl Roesler carlsart@juno.com (mailto:carlsart@juno.com)

bruce_clark
05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Carl,

Not sure what you are asking. Do you want to convert a G-code file created in DeskCNC and convert that to a ShopBot file?

If so, and you were using the G-code converter, what problem, specifically, were you having with the converter? Feel free to email a zip compressed G-code file that you were having problems with and I will see if the converter is producing wrong output or the DeskCNC G-code file is doing something nonstandard.

My email address is in my profile.

Bruce