PDA

View Full Version : MDF Interior Doors

terry
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if I could get some input on making MDF interior doors. My concern is the corners. How do you get the neat square corners when you use a bead or simular style profile? I understand how it is done with a v-bit, thanks to Mike with his "Doors" program. Any info would help.

Thanks
Terry

den73160
04-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Terry

Yes, it is done with a V-carve bit. But the programs that I'ved used have the bead or simular style profiles on the inside of the panel profile.

Also V-carve wizard does an excelent job of the same thing.

richards
04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Terry,
Part of the problem is caused by physics. The narrowest part of any cut will be the radius of the cutter. A V-cutter, if used properly, can cut a sharp corner by lifting as it cuts a diagonal. A 1/8-inch cutter will always leave a rounded corner at least 1/16-inch in radius. A beading bit will leave a rounded corner equal to the radius of the cutter.

Of course, if you used multiple cutters, and exotic programming, you could probably find a way to sharpen any corner by using the cutter of your choice followed by a small v-cutter.

Thanks for the kind remarks about the doors program, but all compliments should go to Bruce Clark. His excellent FreeDoors GUI interface makes the doors program usable.

ed_lang
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Is there a step by step easy way for a new user to draw a raised panel door, cut in MDF? I too need to get the nice square corners that "doors" will give you. Software available is Corel, Part Wizard, Art Cam Pro or V-carve Wizard.

I can also call or email directly.