PDA

View Full Version : Cabinetpartspro

kdn
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
tring to find someone who uses cabinetpartspro so i can visit with them and see if this software will help me with my custom cabinet business. Please email me contact info. Thanks in advance

aaasigncom
02-21-2007, 11:35 PM
CALL THE AUTHOR OF CP PRO - HE WROTE THE PROGRAM FOR HIS CABINET SHOP - RYAN IS A GOOD GUY TO TALK TO - HE HAS A LOT OF PRODUCTION EXPERIANCE

rookie432
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Kevin,

I use it and I like it. It is a straight forward easy little program to mill standard cabinet boxes. Includes pocket hole capability and nesting. I used to do these with a cad program and if I forgot to add an 1/8th" here and there my cabinet was off. I just plug in L x W x Depth now and the sheet gets nested and cut and is offset for faceframes. It is a utility program so if your looking for a lot of pretty pictures to show your customer then this won't do it, but if you need to crank out cabinet boxes fast without doing a lot of calculations then it's well worth the price.
It's gonna be faster to cut plywood on your tablesaw ( unless you are set up with a fast cnc setup) ,but I do shelf pin holes on my cabinets and the cnc is definitely much faster once you add this feature in. I can cut a sheet with all shelf pin holes, toe kick notches, lock dadoes, pocket holes(for cabinet backs), and final cutouts in about 20 minutes or less with my older slower PRT. I can't touch that with my tablesaw and drill.

2cents
Bill

andre
03-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I am new to the software but have been using and comparing cabinetparts pro with pw.
CPP seems limiting for custom cabinets. I finding it easier to design my parts in PW.
There are no options to create dados anywhere you want and the back dado option seems a little awkward. When it comes to inputing your requirements for the cabinet it becomes a little clumsy and confusing. For instance it will cut a toe kick on your uppers unless you specify not to. I have a custom cabinet shop and it is important that my cabinets are built exactly as I want them. I don't like being limited to a software that gives me predetermined limitations.
I think nesting for cabinet parts manualy in PW is easy enough and once you have a part designed you don't have to design it again.
Any way just my 2 cents.