PDA

View Full Version : ?converting Corel drawings to TIFF for 2.5D carvings?

Steve Patterson
11-27-2001, 06:33 PM
I am importing my scanned artwork into Corel,tracing then shading for contour for relief carving. I don't know where to save as "tiff" file to then convert to spb.?

dan@burningimpressions.ca
11-27-2001, 07:09 PM
Steve,
you can export as a tiff.file to your directory
of choice..after creating your greyscale file..

Mayo
11-28-2001, 12:55 AM
The shopbot software initially looks in the sbparts folder or directory in order to find files you want to convert.

Steve Patterson
11-28-2001, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys! I was in "save as" and did'nt find the option for TIFF. Now I found it in "export as". Thanks again!
Steve

Steve Patterson
11-29-2001, 12:43 AM
Almost there! I exported as a TIFF file BUT I get an error message when I try to convert in Shopbot program. What next???What could be going wrong? I tried a small simple shaded test drawing but no go.

rgengrave@aol.com
11-29-2001, 05:54 AM
Steve if you are trying to use the Tif Converter in the shopbot software you will need to make your file Gray Scale first, try to get as close to 256 as you can, if you make the file bigger then 200x200 dpi you will be looking at a long cutting time depending on your speed cut and the X and Y of the file.

When saving as a Tif you will need to make sure it is saved as uncompressed, a compressed Tif will not work

ron_cleaver
11-29-2001, 09:24 AM
Steve,

You didn't say what the error message was. It could be that you're trying to convert a large file while running the ShopBot software. The ShopBot software is running another executable while it remains loaded in memory, leaving less memory for the TIFF converter.

If that's the case then run the ux_tif.exe program outside of the ShopBot software.

Steve Patterson
12-08-2001, 12:47 AM
Thanks, I got the tiff and converet ok. My cuts did'nt turn out as I thought. I am trying to get a convex shape and radial shading with corel and Adobe give conical instead of spherical shape. Is this the correct method (shading) or other method or program?