PDA

View Full Version : VCarvz - Recent completed product

garbob
12-06-2000, 03:58 PM
I just downloaded this stuff the other day, again. I tried it out and then pasted into my registered v8 Vector cad/cam. It worked quite well. After generating the shopbot file it looked good (haven't actually cut anything yet). In my opinion, Vcarvz is a little clunky as far as usability goes, BUT, I just had to see if my good old Corel Draw could be of use. Lo and behold! it is. Create your funky curved text on circles or waves or whatever and get rid of the associated junk, convert the text to curves and export the file as DXF. Then, open Vcarvz, open the dxf file and there's the text, just the way it looked in corel. Generate the tool path, use the copy plc to clipboard, open Vector with a NEW file and click edit paste PLC text and theres your text. Generate an NC file and your off. I can;t believe that I can do this with an $800 software package (Canadian, eh!). Sure beats Profile Lab and associated products. I will for sure test more of the functionality before I purchase the product, but with Corel import of text, I will certainly be buying this product.

ssanda@nvbell.net
12-06-2000, 04:28 PM
Just got back from a shopping center where they want all the signs with the same border theme in signfoam. I can drop in the text and crank them all out...I'm salivating.

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca
12-06-2000, 06:25 PM
I have been a corel fan for a lot of years,we have
used it for rotary engravers, and the lasers,
from ver 3 on. I bot the shopbot in late june
and done some pocketing for boxes but didn't really try much fancy stuff we do with the rotary
mach. I used vcarvz a few times seemed to work well, with the exception of one missed zup.
I was going to order vcarvz but I am a Canadian..
with a .50 dollar so it would cost me about 900.00
so corel will have to do..
Dan H.

jim_melton
12-08-2000, 08:21 PM
Hi folks!

New to this forum. Will be ordering a SB this month.

I have downloaded demos for VFontz & Vcarvz, still to new at this to know what they are really capable of.

Was wondering though. What do you SB users recommend for using? I have a demo of SignLab on its way, and was wondering if I should go that route.

I was wanting to also get a vac table setup, but the cost of these third party packages might make me put the vac system off for a while.
Any words of wisdom?

Jim M

davidallen
12-09-2000, 10:07 AM
the software really depends on what kind of work you're doing and which packages you're already familiar with. there are reams of postings if you want to do a keyword search.

da