PDA

View Full Version : Import files

loriny
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I am having trouble importing my E-cab cutlists to cabinetpartspro. The reason for the import is that most customers like the 3D rendering I am able to offer them. Can anyone help me out?
Thank you
Lorin

Ryan Patterson
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Lorin,
Here is a video link that shows how to import from a text file. There has been an improvement made in importing files not shown in this video. I will be working on a video to show the improvements tomorrow and I will email you the link.

http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/VideoV8/ImportText.zip

loriny
03-20-2009, 01:18 AM
I am not really good on computers yet and am still having some trouble. I still can't figure out how to save my ecabs file to a csv file. I was trying to do some drawers this way but am stumped. For the cabinets I have been drawing them twice. If anyone has experience with the ecabs software I would appreciate some help for a slow learner like me.
Thank you
Loirn

benchmench
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Lorin,
Here's the short answer: Don't waste your time trying to export a compatible cutlist from ecabs to CPPRO. Just re-enter the cabinet dimensions manually from ecabs to CPPRO.

Here's the long answer:
You can export the ecab cutlist to excel by running the "cutlist" report (from the top ecabs menu, "reports/cutlist".) On the cutlist report, located just under the title on the left is the link, "Export cutlist to Excel".

However, this probably won't help much because ecabs lists the parts individually in the cells rather than the cabinet dimensions by type,width,height,etc. That information is in the last cell of each row as a text string but it is also surrounded by quotes and "W","H", and "D" characters. By the time you format the ecabs cutlist report to be imported by CPPRO, it would have been faster just to manually enter the cabinet dimensions into CPPRO directly.

I also use ecabs for presentation and drawings then re-enter the cabinet dimensions into CPPRO.

loriny
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Is there a good way to do drawers with CPP or something similiar? I would eventually like finger joint or dovetail. Finger joint probably simpler though, with dadoed drawer bottoms.
I am trying just using pocket holes and programming an open wall cabinet to be my drawer. I will pocket hole after cutting and trim the bottom of the back dado off. I suppose I will have to manually change the bottom size for each one to get it to the back of the drawer, or cut these on the saw.
Thank you
Lorin

Ryan Patterson
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Lorin,
You have mail.
Can you explain how you want your drawer boxes? What thickness material are you using? The way I build my drawers all 3/4" material including bottoms. I dado the bottoms into the sides with a butt joint the bottom to the front and back. I then use pocket holes in the front and back of the box.
My settings would be.
Tops: Tops same depth as sides
Bottoms: Bottoms same depth as sides
Backs: Backs to fit inside, bottoms, and tops
Dado Sides for Backs: Sides only
Dados on Backs: On Sides
Features to machine:
Dado Back and cut Pocket Holes