PDA

View Full Version : How's the new Beta going?

harryball
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
How is the new beta software doing? I've not heard any details. I'm still running v.27 and will be cutting circles in purpleheart again. I'd love to see if it cuts smoother... but I'm reluctant to combine "beta" with expensive lumber.

Robert

lto
01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
We too are very interested in this. I'm just not sure I qualify as a Beta tester, I was hoping to hear a report from one of the more aggressive/experianced users first.

harryball
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Any news on any major problems? I ran the beta to cut some circles and I must say it does sound very different and the edges were cleaner on the mdf test blank. Before I run this on purpleheart I'm wondering if anyone has seen a problem with the latest release my simple test runs may be missing.

Robert

gpari
03-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I've been running the beta for a few weeks. Haven't had any problems yet. Haven't noticed any smoothness improvements ( I have some 3:1 belt driven boxes which help alot ), though the asymmetric ramping is pretty nice, and keeps the bit from squealing in the corners.

Gabe

harryball
03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't have gear boxes, just a straight up Alpha model so maybe that's the difference. Since this software has been running for so long I think I'll get brave enough to try a production cut.

Robert

hippo
04-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I ran the beta for the first time today, and it wouldn't recocgnize my PRTAlpha. It just kept saying that there was no connection on that port.

I switched back to .27 and all is well again, but I do worry that there's something they're missing in this beta software...

-Dan

harryball
04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Dan,

Be sure to update the firmware when you install the Beta. Go to preview mode and do a UI then switch the control box off then on and let it load.

Robert

hippo
04-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, my stupidity. I figured that out 15 minutes after I posted. Running fine now. I'll be keeping an eye out for odd behaviors.

Thanks,
-Dan

wildswanlikebird
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi there,

My pc completely shuts down in the middle of running a part file.

I already reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled the OS, reinstalled the shotbot software and still the problem persists.

Any thought?

Thanks,
Sandy

fleinbach
05-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Sandy,

What operating system are you running? From your description my next move would be to try another computer. If that works I would suspect there is something defective in the hardware in the computer.

wildswanlikebird
05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I am using Windows XP Pro. This problem started a week. Then, not often, now, almost anytime I run a part file.

I also used a new computer with the same operating system.

knight_toolworks
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
purpleheart is expesnive? you live in the wrong place (G) here is it one of the cheapest woods around I get it between 3.50 and 4.00 a bf for 8/4

fleinbach
05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Sandy,

Have you tried using the new computer to run the Shopbot?

steve4460
05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
There is a new full version out . Go and get it .

Bot on

wildswanlikebird
05-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you all for answers. I finally isolated and corrected the problem with your help.

The ShopBot software will cause the computer to shutdown if there are other programs running. In my case, I have ArtCAM Pro and ShopBot running at the same time.

What I did was, upgrade my RAM to 1Gig, bought a 256Mb Video card and everything worked like a charm.

I did this on the old and new versions of ShotBOT as well as old and new version of IOGear drivers.

I have one concern though, I ran the diagnostic tool and found out that I only have 75% efficiency. I did not get the complete details since I was in a hurry.

Thanks again.

slendon
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I have loaded and run the v 3.5.2 software, just a quick heads up that during a v carve file, that I have run many times with v3.27 a loss of position occured in the same place on two runs of the file...reinstalling v3.27 and the file ran fine again...have sent details and photos to Tec Support.