PDA

View Full Version : Latest version of Shopbot control software

handh
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I was going to upgrade to the lastest version of the control software, has anybody had any trouble with it before I upgrade to it. I am running a PRT alpha. Thanks

myxpykalix
05-23-2007, 03:39 AM
I'm running 3.5 beta on a prt Alpha and upon initial setup i had a few things i had to straighten up in order to use my probe/indexer/zZero but so far, so good.

steve4460
05-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi Jack

Try the latest full version 3.5.3 I was toled that there was some problems with the other versions up to 3.5.3, and that they are fixed now
Bot on

handh
05-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks, I'll load it up and give it a try.

knight_toolworks
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I tried it and it could not find my bot. I have a alpha too. I jsut bought it a few months ago so I don't think the controller needs updated. I do like how it auto searches fro the comport. it lingered on 3 but would not choose it.

harryball
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
You need to upload the firmware after upgrading to 3.5.3 using UI in preview mode. After that it should find it.

I've had one 'Invalid Proceedure Call' while running 3.5.3 and the software closed. It was while moving with the keyboard. Happened once, no idea why, hasn't recurred.

Robert

andyb
05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Steve,
The controller firmware needs to be updated with every new release of the software. I had the same poblem as you until I updated the firmware.

I'm running 3.5.3 and had a problem Saturday. I zeroed the Z and ran the file to pocket some text. The software just locked up twice. It stopped on the same line to move the Z. I had to move home before the file would work. Haven't had a chance to play around with it anymore but will this weekend and see if I have anymore problems.

Andy B.

knight_toolworks
05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
got it.had a few issues. sometimes when I cut a file zero is wrong it showed i was 0,0 but it was off. I re zero'd and changed the bit and the depth was off a bit.