PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Having problem. "Two or more vectors overlap"

nodnerb
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
However, they don't as far as I can tell. Please help. I am trying to do 2D profiling of some simple designs I have moved every single vector involved and there is nothing else there and nothing is showing up red. When this has happened before it was because there was a double line, one on top of the other. This time there is nothing. Does, "two or more vectors overlap" have any other meanings?

Brady Watson
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
You probably have a loop in the vector somewhere. Post the file or zoom WAY in on the design while in Node Editing Mode. You should be able to spot the loop & edit it out.

-B

nodnerb
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Ok. I hope it works. I had to zip it. The parts I am having trouble with are all of the grouped parts. I am trying to cut out, on the inside edge, all of the parts that are grouped so that the result is 3 spoked disks. I get files from other people so I never know what has been done. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the term "loop"

If you could help, that would be awesome!!!!

end caps second part.zip (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/29/end_caps_second_part-29707.zip) (12.2 k)

Brady Watson
04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
See attached. The problem was that ALL of the vectors that were grouped, were not 1st joined. Vectors must be completely joined & closed before you toolpath them, unless you are running a machine along vector strategy. Grouping does not do this.

ShopBot sells a PartWizard training video that covers every tool, toolpath strategy, fundamentals and advanced methods. It's about 4hrs long. Contact ShopBot for details. Going forward you may wish to draw your own parts rather than get them from someone else, but the real plus is being able to edit & clean up files that customers send you that may be less than ideal for a CNC.

-B

Fixed.zip (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/29/Fixed-29710.zip) (3.5 k)

nodnerb
04-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Holy smokes. That was fast. Thanks so much for the help. I'll see how she works.
I wanted to go for training but our govt company in its infinite wisdom, doesn't want to pay to train me. All they want is that I develop high quality work immediately with no training. lol

Brady Watson
04-09-2008, 02:50 PM
At the very least, you might want to look into the video. Several govt institutions have purchased the video in leiu of software training. Of course it is not the same as live training, but it is infinitely better than NO training!

-B