PDA

View Full Version : Bill Young's extruder

phil_o
03-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Take a look at Bill Young's latest creation, the extruder. Pretty cool. http://shopbottools.com/bill's_corner.htm

knedert
05-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi folks -
Just a note to tell you how happy we are with this extruder program. Bill Young went the extra mile to help us get the following results. Thanks again Bill.

bill.young
05-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Rose helped me a whole lot more than I helped her...she found a bug that could cause inaccurate Z-axis values. New versions of the Extruder and Flipper are now in the Bill's Corner Extruder download.

If you downloaded them before this morning then you'll want to re-download...the Extruder article and download can be found in the Bill's Corner section of the ShopBot website.

Bill

phil_o
05-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Bill,
I have a suggestion for an improvement. I would like to be able to run the profile created by the extruder along an arc. This would be great for making custom molding for arc top windows.

bill.young
05-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Phil,

Circles and arcs are in the works...they've been a popular request.

I'll try to clean up the code a little and put it in the Developer Tools folder as well..there are a couple of ShopBotters that want to create custom versions.

Bill

stickman
05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Bill,

Sounds good! Circles, Arches and Arcs. OH MY!

I played with the program a little today. I do like it. I do, though I haven't ran it to machine, but I do like how I was able to draw a profile and then extrude it along a length.

Great job.

Jay
StickMan WoodWorking

don_roy
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi Bill,
I was at the Jamboree this year in Durum and had a great time. You and the other Bill Did a great job.
While there I saw a demo on an "egg crate program" so called. I can not remember for the life of me if it was a program in development or if it was available somewhere but I would be interested in any information regarding it.
I have also tried your extruder program and it has gotten me out of a couble tight situations
Thank
Don