PDA

View Full Version : Help with indexer file

jdgrahamwaldorf
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I just connected my new indexer and have been trying to create a leg using TurboCad 11 and Part Wizard. I have two problems. I was able to imprt the profile into Part Wizard and create the profile tool path with no problems. When I used the indexer tool to create the file for turning I noticed a strange thing. The profile has a radius of just under 1 inch. The Indexer file starts cutting at a radius of 1.79. The file does most of the first pass in the air. The second problem is that I get a Overflow (6), line 3750 error. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for your help.

John

bill.young
05-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey John,

What did you enter as the "rough blank radius" in the fillin sheet...the default is 1.75"? The toolpath will work it's way down from that radius to the finished profile radius, in steps that depend on the stepdown that you selected.

As far as the error message, it's hard to tell too much without seeing the file. How about emailing the file to ShopBot support with a note to forward it on to me and I'll dig into it. Include info like what kind of tool you have and what version of the ShopBot software.

Bill