PDA

View Full Version : BlueTooth Wireless Keyboard

weslambe
03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
I just got one and it works wonders. The range with BlueTooth technology is around 30 feet! The one that I bought was a logitech one with the mouse included and I found it at Best Buy. They had all of their wireless keyboard/mouse combos marked at 99.00 or below and when I took this one up it rang up at 179.00! They let me have it for 99.00 anyway. Great deal if you can get it too.

Man, what a difference it makes in getting the bit in line with where you want it. I don't know what I did before hand. Also, it is great as another panic button.

I guess the next thing I'll have to talk my wife into is a large screen tv for the shop so that I can hook the laptop up to it and see the wireless keystrokes from across the room. HA.

Wes

jim.frost@itron.com
07-19-2004, 08:38 AM
I found a micro inovations Keyboard/mouse at both Radio Shack ($50) and later the same day at my local Wal-Mart ($30). Out of the box range is only 10 feet, provided the receiver (The part that plugs into the computer) is away from the control box. The range problem is probably caused by a too small antenna in the Receiver. I threw together a simple external antenna and pushed the range to 30 feet. The antenna is just 20 feet of hookup wire, hung on the shop ceiling. At the receiver end I have a six inch 2X4 scrap with 6 turns of the 20 foot wire wraped around. The Receiver sits on the 2X4.