PDA

View Full Version : Sculpt De-Pot

dubliner
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Used Hammered Metal Bronze from Home Depot. This is a file created by Norbert at Vectorclip,15" diameter. Dying to try with Sculpt Nouveau & techniques learned from Professors Crumley & Beckwith

john_l
10-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Very Cool Neville.

coach
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Neville,
I 2nd John L. That is very cool. As a weldor of almost 30 years,,,may I have it. lol.
How thick is the material?
Did you use a ball bit?

ndupuis
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Your results are really amazing!
I dont know this work technic (sculpt Nouveau),
Does it is a product or a specific method of work? It is really impressive.
I could make this a reference on our web site
www.vectorclip3d.com (http://www.vectorclip3d.com)
This look like foundry work
Again congratulation!

pfulghum
10-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Neville,
What is the substrate?

HDU or

HDBF (Home Depot Blue Foam)
(I think I just coined a new acronym - HDBF)

-- pat

dubliner
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
David & Pat - its 1/2" MDF, 1/8" Beckwith Ball nose, sanded lighly between 2 coats of Shellac, then 2 coats of HD Paint(a la Ed Lang ) - but I do like HDBF, nice ring to it.
Norbert - its a product and method also. I will take lots of pictures of the next one to show you. Your design cut very well. Do you take suggestions for new files?

pfulghum
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
1/2" ... It seems much deeper than that... What is dimensions of thinest part.

Re: Scupt Nouveau... Get the $100 Ceramic Kit and ask to have them trade out the primer for Perma-Lac.

-- pat

dubliner
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Pat - probably 1/4" or slightly less.
Yes I ordered the kit a few days after your post.

ndupuis
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Nelville
Yes, we take always the suggestion, and we have a suggestion box at the first page on our website, we like to receive some idea for new 3d relief model, people send to us some image and this make grow up our database for future modelisation. to return on the method sculpt nouveau it would be amazing that the man who have found this technique could produce a formation on dvd or a long distance course to train people that live far.
I am sure that many of our customer would be interested. Also I would understand cleary if that person do not want to say his secrets of fabrication and this is normal, I am not a person who talk very much on forum because I do not speak a lot english, but this method really surprised me.
Norbert Dupuis

dubliner
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Norbert, its by no means a secret, in fact there even Youtube videos on the process. Its essentially ground metal in a suepension & it reacts as metal until the carrier hardens. being from the nice part of Canada :-), Sculpt Nouveau is a natural product for you. www.sculptnouveau.com (http://www.sculptnouveau.com) & I would be glad to send you pics on the process when the material arrives. I will definitely make some suggestions for your site. Thanks for making your work available to us at a very reasonable price I might add.

ndupuis
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks Nelville
I will probably make a section in our website
on the finition product and techniques,
advice to people who would have thing that they want
to show on the web, I am open at this.
Greetings to all shopbotters.
Norbert Dupuis
www.vectorclip3d.com (http://www.vectorclip3d.com)

billp
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Pat,
Having preached the gospel of foam for the last few years I have to point out the REAL deal on foam. If it's blue it's probably from Lowes and made by DuPont. If it's pink it comes from Owens Corning and the Depot. So I think you now have HDPF and LBF...
Either flavor; the epoxy coating called "APOXY" and demonstrated by Mark Meggit at the Minnesota Camp http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/2008/09/vadnais-hts-mn-2008.html looks like the best thing we've seen for hard coating the blue/pink polystyrene in an economical, and timely fashion.
It would be the perfect undercoat for the Sculpt Nouveau products, or just about ANY other top coating...
If you can't find APOXY locally contact Mark, he can get it to you...

billp
10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I should add to the above post;
APOXY -"paste"" is used for the skin coating.
APOXY -"sculpt"is a two part molding clay which can be used to create accents on primary pieces.

pfulghum
10-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Bill,
I googled APOXY and found nothing... Do you have a manufacture's name by chance? or better yet a link to an internet supplier?

-- Pat

rickp
10-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Pat - the skin coating is called APOXIE (not Apoxy).

Google APOXIE.

billp
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Pat,
Sorry about the typo. Rick is correct on the spelling. here is a picture of the container it comes in.
Mark is a distributor of the product so if you have problems finding it locally, give him a call.