PDA

View Full Version : RAISED LETTERS

bryan_webb
09-05-2008, 04:13 AM
I am doing what the books says on part Wizard ,for area clear,group the letters & box,,it only clears around the outside of the letters & will not do any inside so u can tell what the raised letters r ....What & how is the easyist way to do raised letters with part wizard ???? Thanks Bryan

myxpykalix
09-05-2008, 07:21 AM
If what you are trying to do is this:

Then create your text

create your box to whereever you want it on the material, mine was created at the end of the material

Select the box and the text

click area clear and tool

create toolpath

If this is not the result you are getting post a screenshot so we can see whats happening to understand your problem better

garyb
09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Brian, Group the letters with internal islands independantly then group all letters together and toolpath

zeykr
09-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Is the bit you are using too large to fit inside the letters?

knight_toolworks
09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
what you need to do is use the offset tool to create a offset slightly larger then the bit that will fit and use that for the clearing toolpath. you may just be able to use a outside toolpath around the letter with a smaller bit too. but that may not get all of the pockets on some letters.

bryan_webb
09-05-2008, 01:34 PM
WOW,unreal,,Ihave been beating my head aganst the wall for a month..Problem soved in 5 mins....I was doing ever thing right ,,BUT useing .5v carve bit on 1" letters..now i am using 1/8 bit for.5 letters working good it might miss 1r2 letters,,,Thanks to all,it was a real big help Bryan
Jack how do u post a screen shot?

myxpykalix
09-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I have a small free screen capture app i got somewhere (there's no name on it i could find) but go to download.com and look for screen capture utility. I just captured my screen and cut out the junk in my photo pgm and posted that.

fmihm
09-05-2008, 11:51 PM
You can capture all (or the active window) of your screen with your PrintScreen key. For further info, see:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

bryan_webb
09-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll keep trying to play around with the raised letters,,,seems like u have to use a really smallbit .125 to do .5 letters ,, OK Thanks for the help Bryan