PDA

View Full Version : Need info on V-Carving & 3-D

d_m_a_n
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Hello all,
I believe this is my first (or one of my first)post(s).
I've had my shopbot for a couple of years now and would like to use it to its full potential.

I have looked over shopbots software page and ran a search on the forums. But I am still uneducated about this(Sorry if I haven't searched hard enough)
Can someone point me in the right direction?

What I would like to know is what software I should use.

We've been doing 2D cutting making foam & metal faced letters so far using our sign software. It lets us put a machine path around the letters and export it as an SBP file. But it only allows 2d.

I would like to get into more of the V-Carving and 3D stuff.
What is the least expensive software I can use to make the most use of my ShopBot?
Whats your favorite software?

Thanks in advance.

burchbot
04-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi
You will find the best software on the planet here. http://www.vectric.com/
Dan

GlenP
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I second the above. Vectric software is easy to use, very fast with support questions and also like this site has a very awesome forum. If you have the PArtwizard software from shopbot you could upgrade to partworks. Partworks is made by vectric for shopbot. Same software different name, same great support. Call shopbot and order..go ahead do it it right now...operators are standing by. lol, sorry couldn't resist!
(#11008) ShopBot PartWorks and PartWorks 3D; INCLUDED WITH ALL NEW SHOPBOTS; PRICE $795 (when sold separately)
(#11006) Full PartWorks upgrade from PartWizard, for original, registered PartWizard owners; PRICE $745
You can aslo download the demos from vectric to try but you will like it so same the time and buy it.

rcnewcomb
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
You can try 3D for free using the 3D Machinist Software and some of the free samples at VectorArt3D.com

The 3D Machinist software was developed by Vectric and integrates with their other products. It also gives you an idea about ease of use.

ghostcreek
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Vectric's Aspire software has make a world of difference in my shop. I am not sure if I can describe all the possibilities!