PDA

View Full Version : Project Wizard

wendell
01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
The literature seems to say that Project Wizard includes VCarve Pro. I've seen some posts talking about problems importing dxf files. I never had a problems doing this with PartWizard. Comments?

knight_toolworks
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I do it all the time. sometimes there are weird errors when something is not done right in the dxf file. like the arcs need to be exploded or they will import wrong and other little details.

Brady Watson
01-25-2008, 03:17 PM
ProjectWizard -> ShopBot's exclusive online parametric part website, www.shopbotprojectwizard.com/pw/index.aspx (http://www.shopbotprojectwizard.com/pw/index.aspx)

PartWizard -> CAD/CAM software shipped with ShopBots before 9/2007

PartWorks2D & PartWorks3D -> Shipped with new tools some time after 9/2007. PartWorks is very similar to VCarve Pro & PartWorks3D is very similar to Cut3D made by www.vectric.com (Vectric) The only real difference besides the name is that output code is limited to ShopBot CNCs only.

-B

ernie_balch
01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I have both Vectric VCarvePro 4.6 and PartWorks from Shopbot. The VcarvePro 4.6 is one revision ahead of the PartWorks that I got with my router in early Nov.

This has caused some minor confusion since my design computer has the latest Vectric software and the shop computer has PartWorks and won't load the newer file format.

wendell
01-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Do you see any need to own both packages other than to have it on two computers? I'm just trying to decide if I need to spend the $599 on VCarve pro if I have PartWorks. I just have not had time to look at PartWorks.
It sounds like PartWorks is more than adequate.
One of my colleagues wants to import 3d files and we need to be able to create the shopbot code.

Brady Watson
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
PartWorks is identical to VCP except it only outputs code for a ShopBot.

-B

wendell
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the info!