PDA

View Full Version : Unsmooth Transition in Final Ramp Cleanup

nat_wheatley
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
On my outline cuts, I get a slight 'jerking' motion as the machine prepares to clean up what's left of the ramping area. It's almost as if the machine comes to a stop, then continues. Does anyone else get this, and is there a setting I should be looking at changing?

Thanks.

Gary Campbell
07-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Nat...

I havnt noticed this, however I have not cut anything since version 9 or 10. Most of our cutting lately has either exceeded my eCabs knowledge, or was easier to do with PW. (or both)

Gary

Gary

nat_wheatley
07-23-2009, 06:36 PM
There's definitly something going on there. My machine shakes when it hits that point. I had thought there might be a speed to change, but the closest thing I see is 'Last Line Feed Speed, which I have set to 5ips. My outline cuts are done set to 6ips, so that transition should be fairly subtle.

woodworx
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I have had a few issues with my last run. I cut about 30 sheets of 3/4 mel.

1st:
running 4ips I was getting a lot of rough edges. It seemed that the first pass would give me a rough edge and the second time around it would follow the exact same pattern. I would notice on a pass either in x or y that the edge looked like chatter. As it would come around again the bit would not straighten out the chatter, but follow the exact same chatter marks.

2nd:
all my stretchers under 4" wide would leave a small tab at the end of the cut on the second pass. I would need to sand this off.

3rd: I blind dadoed all my stretechers/partitions/tops/bottoms. tops seemed to be about 1/16" off from being flush with my sides. I had to run them through a router and rabbit off a little from my male/tenon part of my tops.

4th:
Still can't get rid of the crappy hole pattern that ecab puts on every slab door I create in the software.

I still think the link is pretty amazing. I will be running another job next week. I will be posting my results.

So far I have cut up around $25,000 worth of jobs on ecab for myself and others. It is working pretty slick.

joe_dusel
07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Justin,

"3rd: I blind dadoed all my stretechers/partitions/tops/bottoms. tops seemed to be about 1/16" off from being flush with my sides. I had to run them through a router and rabbit off a little from my male/tenon part of my tops."

If the tenons are too long there is probably something wrong in your material thickness or maybe your machine zero is a bit off. You can compensate for this in the eCabs software by giving your blind dados a bit more depth clearance. If I had to guess from here I would think based on item 2 that you had the thickness value off about 1/16".

"4th:
Still can't get rid of the crappy hole pattern that ecab puts on every slab door I create in the software. "

Which hole pattern are you talking about? If it's the hinge hole patterns you can easily change them or eliminate them if you like.

One thing that you definitely need to do when making the blind dadoes for frameless cabinets is to make sure that the front tenons are far enough back for the edgebander you are using.

Joe

nat_wheatley
07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Justin,

"1st:
running 4ips I was getting a lot of rough edges. It seemed that the first pass would give me a rough edge and the second time around it would follow the exact same pattern. I would notice on a pass either in x or y that the edge looked like chatter. As it would come around again the bit would not straighten out the chatter, but follow the exact same chatter marks."

In Settings>Cut Parameters>Direction, make sure you have climb selected. Also, be sure you've got 'Run Opposite Direction' checked. Otherwise, I'd expect to see the results you're getting.

Nat

Gary Campbell
07-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Justin...
RE: 2nd... what is the small parts width parameter set at? IF at 4" or larger, then you should expect a tab.
Gary