PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a font

matt_r
01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Greetings!
I am looking for a particular font. It is called Tiffany. (Big thanks to whoever it was that turned us on to 'What the Font'. That utility rocks!) It is a linotype font. Anyway, I need this font to complete a project. I can find it for sell on the web, but I don't feel like shelling out $22 for the complete Tiffany collection (ie Bold, Light, etc). Does anyone know where you can find this font - to buy on its own? Does anyone have it? Where did you obtain it?

Thanks,

matt

rjguinn@optonline.net
01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Matt,
I sent you the font files. Let me know if you have any problems.
Jeff

matt_r
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Jeff,
Thank you much sir! This forum is the best.

Thanks,

matt

paul_n
02-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm looking for a font like the picture. I do not know the name, but it needs to be close to this:
Thanx, Paul

paco
02-05-2005, 11:48 PM
www.whatthefont.com (http://www.whatthefont.com)

gerald_d
02-06-2005, 02:57 AM
P22 Victorian Swash Regular (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/p22/victorian-swash/p22-victorian-swash-regular/)

adv_esm@snet.net
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a font family to use when rendering a sign proposal for a router carved sign. I've looked at prismatic fonts but they all seem more like embossed than carved/engraved. Can someone point me in the right direction?

kerrazy
02-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Mike that is because prismatic letters are raised. Sort of, the material around them is removed to give them that impression. What you are really looking for are incised fonts, (cut in). The other hiccup with this is, if you do it just right with the right angle of cutter, depending on the lighting, your lettering will look incised and prismatic at the same time. as the example of this letter E I have done. The other letters are prismatic.

adv_esm@snet.net
02-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks Dale. I learned something today. Are you saying the letter E is incised? I definately see that it's prismatic but not incised but rather embossed. The Letters CE are again embossed but not prismatic. Correct?

mb

kerrazy
02-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Michael, yes infact the letter E is incised, and the letters C & E are prismatic. Prismatic refers to an angled or sloped side.
Empossed is ussualy rounded over rather than an angled wall of a letter
Dale

adv_esm@snet.net
02-24-2005, 08:35 AM
OK. That brings me back to my original question.....a little modified. Is there a font that I can employ that would show up incised and prismatic so that I can make a rendering of a router carved sign for prospective customers? I sell a fair amount of these signs....I've used cedar as well as black plexi. I make a rendering for my customers now using a gradient to simulate the reflective properties of the gold but it just doesn't cut it.

kerrazy
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
In a word no! You would need a bitmap font to be able to show the gradients. there is however Software that will allow what you are tring to do. Adobe Photoshop has this power and it can even be stepped up with a plugin called Eye Candy.
Here I have shown a before and after of my new shop logo.

joe
02-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Dale,

Nice Photoshop stuff.

J

kerrazy
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
That original is not my work, It is the work of Steve Chartrand, (Stevo on Letterville). But the prismatic touch is mine. It's my new Shop Logo, can't wait to start carving it.

cbradshaw
02-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Dale,

Are you using Profile Lab to create the prismatic letters? If so, how do you like the program?

Carroll

kerrazy
03-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Hey Carroll,
Yes I am and I find it extremley easy to manipulate. As a matter of fact I just cut the above sign yesterday, and hope to have it ready for in time for the jamboree.
Dale

joe
03-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Dale,

With your Profile Lab experience, how does it compare Insignia when doing prism letters?

I'm still having to hard carv mine as the Insignia depresses, or reduces down the thinner parts, like serifs and long sweeps. Also Delcam tells me there isn't a program on the market which will clean up the inside corners like the peaks of a capital M, or W.

Your work is looking better all the time.

Joe

billp
03-01-2005, 07:57 AM
To all those planning on attending the Jamboree; Dale Kerr will be presenting a session on Signmaking.....

cbradshaw
03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Dale,

Do you use profile lab with a vinyl plotter?

I have been talking to Cadlink, I have Engrave Lab and I am trying to get them to sell me the add on modules. How does it compare to Insignia?

Thanks,

Carroll

kerrazy
03-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Carroll,
I do use ProfileLab for my vinyl plotter. And for ShopBot. I have two different set ups, as my Vinyl plotter is at my residence and the CNC is at the shop, due to dust.
ProfileLab does allow me to perform all things ArtCam insignia offers, And I find ProfileLab does cleaner corners on prismatic letters.
I have tried ArtCam Pro in the past, which currently is a superior product when it comes to 3D work, but for 2.5D work I would much rather use profileLab. This is only my personal preference.

matt_r
03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Dale,
How does ProfileLab compare pricewise to Insignia?

Regards,

Matt

kerrazy
03-02-2005, 01:44 PM
ProfileLab, is actually the same Price of ArtCam Insignia. Retailing in the $3200.00USD range.
But Cadlink has a deal for $1900.00 USD you can get the full versionof ProfileLab as long as you currently own partsWizard V1 or 2 or Vector or any other CAD/Cam software. THis makes it much more attractive to new users.
ProfileLab is built on the same platform as SignLab which is very competitive in the Sign making industry.

Dale