PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the seed cabinet libraries to there cabinet cut parts?

rww
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has used some of the seed cabinet libraries to cut out cabinet boxes. Did it work alright or did you need to modify the cabinets?

thewoodcrafter
11-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I have built my library from them.
Are you trying to cut them without modification?
I think they are all butt joints.

rww
11-18-2009, 09:45 PM
There are some libraries that have blind dato joinery. Did this save you time or is it faster to just draw your own from scratch?

bill_lumley
11-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I think you will find that it is worth the investment to develop your own starting with a few basic cabinets and get them the way you want to build them . The time you spend figuring out how to adjust to sombody elses style you could have drawn your own and the Ecabinets support guys are great if you get stuck or just have a dumb question .

Bill

thewoodcrafter
11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm with Bill on this.
Build your own library. You will learn alot and gain experience with the program.
I have downloaded some of the libraries but have never used them.
Always built my own.

kerry_fullington
11-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Jason,

I agree with Bill and Roger. It is always better to develop your own library. The free Libraries can give you a jump start learning the software but it takes about as much time to modify an existing library as it does to develop one.
Roger also has a good point,developing a library will give you experience using the software and this will help you down the road.