PDA

View Full Version : Shelf pin holes

loriny
08-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I am having trouble with shelf pin hole depths. I have them set for 3/8 depth but they are just pushing through the other side of my 5/8 material. It is not happening on drawer holes.
Any ideas?
Lorin

thewoodcrafter
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Are you sure the software is set for 3/8"?

To be sure go into self editor, high light the shelf with holes associated to it and open the shelf parameter window. Make sure depth is set to .375. Close out and save the cabinet.

After you make your TWD and run it through the Link but before you start cutting, scroll through the code and look to see how deep it is drilling. The drilling will be at the beginning of the code.

When you do start cutting what does the Z/A depth say in the ShopBot control software?

loriny
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Depth shows 3/8. I will check the file when I get back to the shop.
Lorin

loriny
08-10-2009, 10:03 PM
The file is drilling the right side of the shelf cabinets to the same depth as my climb cut on my outlines it looks like. The left sides are all good.
Lorin

thewoodcrafter
08-10-2009, 10:14 PM
If one side is different than the other I would say a bug crawled in.
Post it on the e-cabinets forum.

englert
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd suggest that you also post the cabinet file on the eCabinets forum.

Dennis Englert
Manager of Product Training
Thermwood Corporation

Gary Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Lorin...
Another thing to check would be the accuracy of the drill offset file. Here is how to check it.

Zero spindle/router bit
MZ,0 to double check

Move gantry back and run drill offset file in same place as above.
CN,90 to set variables in system
UL to list variables
Find &myZindrilloffset_T31 (for drill 1)
MZ,2.5 for drill clearance
Air switch off and output 5 on
MZ,{value of Z offset)
Check that the bit tip is at the surface of the material.

I have a modified file that sets the offset and has an adjustment for brad point bits, as they dont drill a hole near as deep as the point. I have experienced more holes on the shallow side rather than deep.
Gary

loriny
08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't know why it did this but when I resized the cabinets in the custom layout I had this trouble, But when I resized them directly from the library it worked properly. The people at Ecabs have the file and are playing with it.
Lorin