PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with fonts

godsman24_7
12-03-2007, 01:46 AM
I am getting quite frustrated with trying to figure out how to carve different fonts. I really like the fonts many of you guys are using but I dont understand how you are carving them. All the fonts that I can find are double line fonts and when I go to carve them using a v-bit I get two lines that look horrible. I was at the Kansas camp where Joe had an awesome sign that was v-carved using a 120 degree bit and I loved it. Any clues as to where or how you guys are getting the single live fonts or how you vcarve the sharp looking fonts would be much appreciated. Thanks

bleeth
12-03-2007, 06:25 AM
John: If you are running PW software there are a limited number of fonts that can be v-carved. Artcam Insignia or Pro or other more sophisticated software such as V-Carve Pro is required for successful v-carving of fonts.
The stronger software programs essentially convert the "double lines" of most fonts to a "limit border" and carve down the middle. In Artcam Pro you get to see the vector generated when selecting the v carve option. Others can speak for other software.

godsman24_7
12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the help dave