PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Steve

joe
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
My next door neighbor, Steve is putting the finishing touches on a sliced up angel.

The completed piece which includes several people will be approx 18' high. The original model is down in the lower left corner.

I'm always wondering what Steve is thinking when he visit. He has lots of questions and keeps saying thing like "How did you do that" or "I can't bleieve it". He makes me nervious but I sure like him.

Armed with a strong cup of coffee a stroll next door is like a vacation. I stop by once a week and am always amazed.

Joe
www.normansignco.com (http://www.normansignco.com)

myxpykalix
05-30-2008, 02:21 AM
As absolutely cool as that picture is, I have seen some of your signs, that to my eye, are just as artistic.

joe
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Jack,

These are routed pieces from 3lb foam. Some of his projects are made with dozens of small 3D routed pieces. Once assembles he smoothes them out and applies a topcoat.

myxpykalix
05-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Just looking at the guy conjures up the word:
"ARTEEEST". Make sure you post some pictures when it is finished.

joe
05-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Steve is amazing. When I visit, he has a nice "Hello" and that's about it. I walk around, slack jawed, and he works away, never stopping. He's a gentle soul, with tallent beyond explaination. Like someone from another age.

You know Jack, I should take more pix of him. I'm also jelious of his beard. Wish I had one like that. His only fault, that I'v seen, is Camel Ciragette's. I'm not saying anything though.

This is probably the wrong forum this level of work.

joe
05-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Steve is amazing. When I visit he has a nice "Hello" and that's about it. I walk around, slack jawed, and he works away, never stoping. He's a gentle soul, with tallent beyond explaination. Like someone from another age.

You know Jack, I should take more pix of him. I'm also jelious of his beard. Wish I had one like that. His only fault that I'v seen is Camel Ciragette's. I'm not saying anything though.

This is probably the wrong forum this level of work.