PDA

View Full Version : How to connect 3 gatorfoam 1/2 inch panels (4'x8') each.

rtpsigns
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Hello All,
I have an order of 3D triangle shaped sign, the material I'm using and requested gatorfoam. Also, the customer wants to be able to fold the sign at the end of the day and store it, I guess the 3 panles needs to be in top of each other.
Any advice will be greatly apprciated.

magic
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
What does 3D triangle mean? Is the sign 3d with the perimeter being a triangle or is it a free-standing 3 "Fold" sign that has 3 panels and hinged so the three fold flat?

shopbot_steve
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
i'm guessing he means 3 sided pyramid?

rtpsigns
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry I was away for few days. Magic is correct. We need to connect the 3 foam panles to make a display with 3 sides.
Thanks,
Marwan

dakers
12-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Marwin,
i get requests that i try to honor and sometimes it feels very stressful.
i do not know any details on your project nor the budget the customer has, the durabilty, impact resistance he expects.(signfoam is not that impact resistant) if you need to miter everything with compound miters, etc.
I would be tempted to tell the customer that to do it right and have impact resistance we would fabricate an aluminum piece that bolts together, the signfoam panels would slide into the aluminum pieces and it would all form a pyramid when put together. then everything would knock down.
i try to get to the budget first, then the other attributes the customer needs the sign to have.
if the budget warranted it i would give suggestioins, if not then i would let him know what we can do and the limitations involved.
i may have missed something in your explanation and my comments may not be applicable but just trying to help.

magic
12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Or you can just do what they want with some big gate hinges and bolts. (one hinge is to the inside and one on the outside.)

Build a tree and let them pick the branch

rtpsigns
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the effort. What we did is used Pieces of corogated plastic to connect the foam panels from the inside using double-sided tape and on the last one we used velcro.
Thanks for trying to help.

Marwan