PDA

View Full Version : Toolpath Panels

jim_vv
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Greetings from California. I have a client for whom I carved his logo in a door on my PRS Alpha 9648. The logo is about 30" wide by 24" tall on a 4"x7' stained birch door. He is so pleased that he has now requested that I carve his logo in a larger size to use as a backdrop for a stage. I have enlarged the logo to 60" tall by 76.5" wide and have tried the ArtCam Pro Toolpath Panelling feature. I have divided the sign up to be cut on two 89" wide x 36" tall pieces of MDF. When I run a preview in SB3 the fist panel runs beautifully. The second panel (top one) starts at 36' up in the Y axis and then runs off of the table. I understand this, but am not sure where to change the offset so the machine thinks that my 0,0,3 home position is 0,36,3. I am sure this is totally simple and perhaps I am just too tired to see the solution. One more question...Is there any reason to put a value in the Overcut Distance box as my sheet will already be cut to size when I carve it? Thank you in advance. I really do appreciate this forum as I have received more support that I could put a price on.

bob_dodd
01-20-2008, 08:56 AM
JIm ; after the first pannel cut , in the top menu bar go to MODEL ....SET POSITION.....BOTTOM LEFT PIXLE.....on the fill in sheet set the amount of offset you need (-36" Y ) this will reset the zero,zero in artcam now make a new toolpath so zero ,zero is correct. If you were doing a project longer than your table, you would also have to move the pc. of material the same amount as the offset Bob