PDA

View Full Version : X axis proximity switch woes.

khaos
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Hello botters, heres the woe. The Z axis proximity switch installed without any issue. The X (that just sounds bad) the X however is a different beast.

The threads do not seem to match and I am at a cold stop. The only other holes on the X car are either too small or too large for the proximity switch. I dont feel comfortable forcing the issue with all that cash on the line. Its too late to call SB .

My thanks in advance,
Joe

bill
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
You're in the right place by the picture. Mine was not threaded... an inside jam nut holds it in place. I did have CLOSE clearance.

frank
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Joe,

A few X carriages with holes that were incorrectly tapped were shipped. Drill the hole out with a 5/16 bit and use the jam nuts that came with switch.

khaos
02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
No problem. Just looking for a worm fuzzy before doing just that.

Thanks guys,
Joe

michael_schwartz
01-01-2010, 04:57 AM
I came to that solution myself for the switch on my y axis and it worked fine. The Y, and X hole on the left hand side of the gantry seemed to be tapped with the wrong M8 pitch.

The threads on the right side were fine.

My bot is more recent so I don't know if this is an on going problem. My switches are installed and working fine though, and have been for weeks. Just came across this thread and thought I would mention it.

michael_schwartz
01-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I came to that solution myself for the switch on my y axis and it worked fine. The Y, and X hole on the left hand side of the gantry seemed to be tapped with the wrong M8 pitch.

The threads on the right side were fine.

My bot is more recent so I don't know if this is an on going problem.