PDA

View Full Version : Z zero plate problem.

nodnerb
10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I am running the setup program for the z-zero plate under tools -> shopbot setup. I enter all the values and the thickness of my plate. When I click finish it says, "Runtime error '75'" and "Path/file access error". If I use C2 it works correctly but I'm just curious why this isn't working. Plus, don't know what thickness it is set to for the plate itself but it isn't saving the thickness I enter when I get the error.

Thanks

scottj
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi bpm
Are you by chance running this on Vista? you may run into trouble trying to overwrite files in Vista and this can cause the runtime error.

Scott
ShopBot Tech Support

larry_r
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I have had a similar problem with Vista when using the surfacing program. It saved it as a text file and gave me an error. I would go into notepad and save the text file with a "sbp" extention and it would work fine. It would be nice if Shopbot would get this corrected in the next program version. Vista is here to stay.

Larry

nodnerb
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
No, I'm using XP. I found that the default setting for the thickness of the plate seems to be only 1/1000 of an inch thicker than my actual mean measurement of the plate. The z zero plate itself is out far more than 1/1000" across its length.
Guess it's a moot point then and I'll just use it as is.

Thanks for the help.