PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find truepan

stockbub
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Ok, I cannot find any 4x8 pieces of truepan MDF in Texas, but I can find 1x12. Would it be ok to make a table out of the 1x12's with them being the Brady Spoiler board. I would build the table with plywood first, cover that with formica to make it airtight, then grove the 1x12. I thought there was a person in Houston that got trupan someone where in Houston or relatively close. What are other alternatives?

dmidkiff
03-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Martin,

Try Hogan Hardwood. They are in Houston and Ruston, LA. The Ruston # is 800-255-5460. Ask for John Denney. The last time I ordered he substituted customwood for trupan light because they were out. The look and the weight are the same. I am not using it for spoil board. Hogan makes a run through here twice a week. If you get your order in early enough Monday, you will have your order on Tues.

If you do not find Trupan give me a call. I think that I have a sheet left.

Dave

stockbub
03-10-2007, 08:47 AM
I called Matt and Joey at Hogan and they said they were not carring it any more. Someone else said they were using it and getting it from Hogan as well. I have not checked Ruston yet, but will give them a call on Monday. I think they are closed on Saturday.

waynelocke
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I just got some Trupan from Hogan in Grand Prarie. Hogan in Austin does't carry it and will only bring in bundles. I was going to Dallas anyway.

Wayne

stockbub
03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
You would figure that all the hogans would carry pretty much the same thing, guess I was wrong

oscarg1971
03-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Did you try Houston Hardwoods or Clarks Hardwood Lumber Co. Both in the Houston area. -Oscar

jamesgilliam
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Martin, Last time I got Trupan it was from Hogan in Houston. That was about three months ago and they had about half a bundle. You would think if they were out now, and selling the product and had requests for it they would keep carrying it. I know they quit carrying the wood I use for plaques so who knows what is going on. Keep us posted if you find some. James

stockbub
03-15-2007, 11:30 PM
ok, talked to Joey, and Matt at Hogan and they put me in touch with a local cabinet shop. They are using 5/6" Plu mbcreek. I will post how they work out. Fein Vacs just arrived so wil be installing tomorrow

tree
03-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Im will be needing some in the Charlotte area and im not haveing any luck.....

handh
03-24-2007, 02:40 PM
In the Charlotte, NC area Wurth Charlotte has a board called Primer Plus it has worked fine for us and the last time I checked was a little less than Trupan. The only place that carried it the last time that I looked was Dixie Plywood. Good luck with them though unless you buy 500.00 a month from them they want sell to you, the salesman was a real XXX when I talked to him. I can understand a min. order for a delivery but not so much a month. He wanted us to buy all of our materials from them or he didn't want to sell, they have a truck that comes right by our shop each week. He wouldn't sell even if we came and picked it up. They must have more business than they need. We purchase around 8000.00 a month in sheet goods if he was a smart salesman he would have tried to get our business by earning in not by pressure selling. Anyway we are pleased using the primer plus board, but I haven't used the Trupan might like it better but I have nothing to compare it too.

tree
03-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey Jeff, Just talked to my supplier ( A&M Supply ) and they have 100+ sheets in stock.

Brian

handh
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll check them out.

stockbub
03-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Clark Hardwood in Houston has Trupan. I will look at invoice to post phone number. Truepan is only MDF they carry

stockbub
03-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Re-read your message OSCAR. I do not know how I missed Clark hardwood so thanks for telling me and sorry I do not read everything.

oscarg1971
03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
that's great. They just sent me an e-mail about that:

We have 3/4" 4' x 8' Trupan Ultralight MDF @ $38.95 per sheet FOB our yard.

-----Original Message-----
From: ogarcia71@houston.rr.com (mailto:ogarcia71@houston.rr.com)
To: clarkshardwood@aol.com (mailto:clarkshardwood@aol.com)
Sent: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: trupan

Sorry, I was refering to Trupan Ultralight MDF. -Oscar

----- Original Message -----
From: clarkshardwood@aol.com (mailto:clarkshardwood@aol.com)
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:21 pm
Subject: trupan
To: ogarcia71@houston.rr.com (mailto:ogarcia71@houston.rr.com)

> some of our MDF is the "Trupan" brand.
>
> If you could be more specific, we could check the item.
>
> Sorry for the delay, our web site is new, and have some bugs in
> the E-Mail part.
>
> Come visit our yard!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Cranford
> Clark's Hardwood Lumber Company
>
> 713-862-6628

sleepy
04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Cedar Creek in Tulsa Ok has it I get it from them all the time. 5/8 $23.00 a sheet