PDA

View Full Version : Question about Control Box/VFD location

mzettl
01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
My control box and VFD are currently both located on the end of the table. For various reasons, I want to move them to the wall adjacent to the table. The most convenient location would be right underneath the main circuit breaker panel for my shop. There are a number of wires that enter the box from below at this location, including the wires for the control box and spindle circuits.

I was wondering if there are any issues with regard to electrical interference that I should be aware of if I move it to that location. I have never had any issues before with grounding related problems or electrical interference.

If anyone has any experience with a similar situation, or advice, recommendations, etc., I would be most appreciative.

-Matt

toolguy
01-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Matt,
I would not put any electronic device near the main circuit breaker. I am a distributor of Delta VFD's and I always advise customers to isolate theur unit as much as they can. Also you need adequate ventilation around the VFD. The control wire from the VFD should be shielded. Just in case it's a good idea to give it a little distance.
Bruce

mzettl
02-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Thanks Bruce. Is there a specific reason for isolating the VFD as much as possible? I am not doubting the validity of that advice, I just like to know the reasons behind things.

-Matt