PDA

View Full Version : "Remote Stop Button"

joewino
05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm getting this error message:

"The remote stop button connected to input #4 appears to be on and needs to be checked"

OK...how do I "check" it?

evan
05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
If the red remote stop button is pressed in you need to turn it to release it. There is an arrow on the button indicating which way to turn it. Hope this helps.

myxpykalix
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Also many times when you start your machine and software if you don't hit the "reset" button on the side of the machine you get a message like this.
If i remember correctly the sequence is turn power on at control box, push "reset" button, start control software. If you do it out of that order you will get that message. m

joewino
05-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks, but I did all that. Still nothing.

This message came up while I was changing bits in the middle of a job.

Now I get this message:

"Please set drivers (location no longer accurate)"

Any information would be appreciated.

rick_woodward
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
hit your reset button again.

myxpykalix
05-15-2007, 08:55 PM
That would happen to me at various stages of cutting/moving and Brady clued me in to the fact that it was static electricity shorting me out. I ran a bare copper braided wire grounding it to my carriage, ran it thru my dust collection hose, then grounded it to the housing on my dust collector and since that time it has not happened again. This started when i started cutting alot of mdf, I think i read that there was minute particles of metal in mdf that caused the static electricity, not sure, but since then no problems.

fleinbach
05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
This will also happen if your USB cable is moved slightly. I have gotten the same error a few times and all I have to do is make sure my USB cable is in tight.

joewino
05-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

This morning when I booted everything up, for some reason, it now is operating properly. I shut down and restarted numerous times yesterday and followed all the suggestions given here (and by tech support)and nothing worked.

Maybe it just was tired.

ryan_slaback
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM
That error will also show up if your driver relays in your control box are sticking. Next time the error happens look at the white button on the relays, the button should pop all the way in and out. I rapped the side of mine a few times to get it to release when I was waiting for new relays to come.