PDA

View Full Version : Installing a ShuttlePro

dubliner
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
OK, I ordered one so I could move around on the table while seeing the moves & not having to operate the keyboard with my toes. I read on CNC zone to most definitely NOT install the supplied SW, so of course now I'm lost. Has anyone got one working that could tell me what to do TIA - Neville

srwtlc
02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Neville, I know that the Shuttle Pro units work well with Mach3 (they have a plug-in for them), but I'm not so sure that it will work all that well with a ShopBot. You might be able to work out something using AutoHotKeys as Henrik Olofgors has done with his joystick here... http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/show.cgi?tpc=312&post=63080#POST63080

I don't think that the wheel will work as it does with Mach3 as a manual pulse generator (MPG), but then again, maybe you can get it to give a constant right or left arrow signal while spinning it left or right. It would be great if ShopBot did have the ability to use MPG as you could then position your machine fast to get there and then slow down and just creep up to your final position by spinning the wheel fast or slow.

Keep us informed as to what you find out.

henrik_o
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
As long as the remote is basically driving the keypad interface of SB3 there won't be dynamic input such as I understand the MPG function to work, no.

I'm not sure how open the SB3 environment is to dynamic programmatic input, it might be possible to get something working along that path.

Anyway, getting an analog axis to work is not a problem, and I assume it would be possible to at least switch from jog/move/nudge via increments on the analog scale, though it may be too jerky to be really useful.

In any case, it would be interesting to get a documentation on the keys and axises this remote has, I've been looking at it myself though I would ideally prefer a thumbstick.

brian
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Neville
I also just got the Shuttle pro and couldn't get it working.I used there software and was only able to get one key stroke function working.
I'm not the greatest with computers,which could be part of my problem.
If you manage to get your's up and running please let us know how you did it

Thanks Brian

dubliner
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Brian, We are in the same boat although I wont give up too easily I think our best bet would be to chip in, buy another one & send it to Henrik to figure out :-), might save us a lot of aggro. I will definitley post any progress I make dont worry. Just got the cross hair laser in the mail too, so have to work on that as well. If I get it all working I'll let you know ~ Neville