PDA

View Full Version : What file keeps track of total run time on the shopbot computer?

knight_toolworks
01-06-2008, 02:47 AM
been using the shopbot odometer and it is a nice program but if possible I would like to get the time off my old computer and add it to the one on the new computer if possible.

bill.young
01-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey Steve,

It's the "sbsys.log" file that's in your "C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\bin" folder. It's a text file so you SHOULD be able to just paste the contents of the one from your old computer into the one on the new computer without any problems...maybe back up the new one before doing it, just in case.

Don't know if you've tried the newest sbOdometer in ShopBot Labs (updated a couple of days ago), but I've added some new features as well as fixing a few issues. Give it a shot.

http://www.shopbottools.com/LabFiles/odometer.htm

Bill

knight_toolworks
01-08-2008, 01:43 AM
thanks got it copied. I just cut and pasted the contents from the old file. 219 hours of run time. I bet I am missing another 50 or so hours but it is close.
a very handy new version now I can go and look how many hours for a certain job. when you run a bunch of cycles it is hard to keep track well no more.

ed_lang
01-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I find the odometer to be a very good utility to have on the control computer.

CSV will make it even better.

grahambooth
06-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I just put the odometer on my shopbot computer. I ran it and there it is pulling a bunch of old data. Can I delete the "sbsys.log" file to remove this information and new one will automatically be created?

knight_toolworks
06-18-2008, 11:19 AM
sure I just edit it to remove the old stuff. what I did was take the total and replace the latest entry with that and delete the rest. then once in a while do it again when it gets slow loading.
then I keep total track of running time but have a small file.